2nd July Alchemy, Wimborne Gong Bath with Scania Tuesday 7:30-9pm
What's A Gong Bath and What Can I expect
All gong players play differently, the way the gongs play me makes for quite an intense experience, where people have noticed considerable shifts, pain release blocks and noticeable changes in their lives.
- All you have to do is lay down (or sit if in chair) and let the sound waves wash over you, thats it! The Gongs change as they warm up and different sounds and notes come out.
- There is no set pattern to how I play and it is different every time.
- I tend to focus on using only a few gongs, as this allows me to lose myself in the experience rather than me putting on a show of sound and not enjoying it, I tap into my authentic being and know this way is right for the way the gongs want to play me.
- A gong bath is a form of sound therapy where the gong is played in a therapeutic way to bring about change; This ticket is for a group gong bath where you will join other people laying or sitting down. I do also offer Gong Baths for Individuals, see my website for more info. The term gong bath means that you are bathed in sound waves, there is no water involved, or clothes removed. My Son for ages wondered how I fitted baths in my car!!!
- Ideally you will experience the gong bath lying comfortably on your back, but you can experience it sitting up in a chair (there are always chairs at the venues) or recliner if you have one. if you are coming to a group setting then bring something comfortable to lay on and bring along a blanket, pillow, water and whatever you need for your comfort (some people bring virtually their bed!)
- All you have to do is lie comfortably and close your eyes and relax. I then begin by playing the gongs softly, increasing the volume as the session progresses (the volume never gets unbearable as I am playing therapeutically). I change the playing technique frequently so there is no fixed rhythm which results in the brain not being able to follow and entrainment takes place. Entrainment is the changing of brainwave frequencies.
- Alpha brainwave state is achieved very quickly and is followed by the Theta brainwave state.
- Alpha waves are defined as brainwave frequencies between 8 and 12 Hz. Daydreaming, imagination and associative thinking are all part of alpha brainwave activity. Alpha waves are present in states of relaxation.
- Theta waves are defined as brainwave frequencies between 4 and 7 Hz. Theta waves occur during dreaming sleep - or REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, although they also occur during deep meditation.
- Theta brainwave frequencies are most often where the gongs will take you. You will most likely enter a dreamlike, deep meditative state. Some people might enter the Delta brainwave state (deep sleep frequency). Theta brainwave is a good state of consciousness to be in for healing to occur.
- After a continuous fifty minutes of gong playing, I start to wind down and play very gently for a few minutes fading away to nothing. I often use some simple noises for grounding, such as bamboo and chimes and then allow the music of silence to end the session.
- The gong is an amazing and powerful instrument for life; I rencourage that you integrate yourself gently back into the day or evening, staying open to allow the continuation of the vibrations to do its work. I also mention to drink lots of water as the result of not doing this can often lead to a Gong Hangover and headaches.
- Using the Gong more and more in Psychotherapeutic practice these days has lead me to explore even deeper the affects of sound on the mind for more information on counselling/psychotherapy see my site www.thelifeyoulove.co.uk
- or email me email@example.com
What you need to bring and info
What you will need to bring: Something comfy to lay on, blanket, pillow….what ever it is to have comfort for the two hours.
The address of the venue is: The Alchemy Health Clinic, 154 Leigh Road Wimborne Dorset BH21 2DB
Parking: There are a few parking places outside but the surrounding streets are all free parking, so no stress. Allow time to park and arrive at the venue in time. If your early no problem, come up for a cuppa.
As you come in the door, you turn left and come up the stairs to the Yoga Studio, there is a mobility stair chair lift, but no big lift if mobility is difficult.
We cannot offer refunds on tickets, but we are more than happy for you to pass your ticket on to another friend that you feel, would appreciate this evening.